ESPN.com House Rules
Welcome to ESPN.com. While we set the standards for what is acceptable here, we must all take responsibility for the quality of our experience. In this spirit, we have drawn up some rules to help everyone understand what is acceptable and what is not acceptable on ESPN.com. We are obligated to have our lawyers put the house rules in legal terms, but they provide the same end - to make ESPN.com a quality environment for all of our members. ESPN.com is a service, provided to you ("Member") by Infoseek and the Go Network Affiliates ("Go Network") and 3rd party providers subject to the terms of ESPN.com House Rules ("House Rules"), and the ESPN.com Terms of Service ("Terms of Service"), and other rules that may be published from time to time on ESPN.com. ESPN.com currently is provided as a free service to any member who agrees to abide by the Terms of Service and conditions of the House Rules. ESPN.com reserves the right to change the nature of this relationship at any time. MEMBERS WHO VIOLATE THE TERMS OF THE HOUSE RULES MAY PERMANENTLY BE BANNED FROM USING ESPN.COM. USING ESPN.COM WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE RULES. You are entirely liable for all activities conducted through any member names, handles, or user names registered to your email address ("Account").
The following rules apply while using ESPN.com:
- The use of any ESPN.com service for illegal purposes (or to solicit any illegal act) is strictly prohibited including, without limitation the regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange. Pornographic, obscene, nude, graphically violent, and other inappropriate images are strictly prohibited.
- Defamatory, libelous, hateful, pornographic, profane or obscene language is strictly prohibited.
- Offensive and indecent member names, screen names, or handles are not allowed and will be prohibited. In the event any such misleading member profiles, member names, screen names, or handles appear on the service, they will be immediately revoked.
- Harassment of another person online is not permitted.
- Solicitation of gambling is prohibited.
- Do not disrupt the flow of a discussion by repeatedly posting the same message or image or posting excessively large images.
- Parental permission is required for children 12 years of age and under to use any community applications (e.g. chat, email)
- Impersonation of others, including but not limited to, a ESPN.com employee or representative, a ESPN.com host or chat jockey, or another ESPN.com member is forbidden. Member names or handles that impersonate will be blocked.
- ESPN.com may elect at its sole discretion to monitor some, all, or no areas of ESPN.com for adherence to these House Rules, or other ESPN.com rules that may be published from time to time. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to distribute your content, ESPN.com is acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and ESPN.com is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any content or activities in community applications.
- ESPN.com is not responsible for any user generated content. We reserve the right to remove any homepages or other user generated content that are in violation of the Terms of Service, or House Rules. Due to size constraints, the ability to verify adherence to these House Rules and other ESPN.com rules, and to afford better copyright protection, file types including but not limited to: .mp3, .zip, .exe, and .tar will not be allowed. Members are legally responsible for the content of their Personal Homepages including, but not limited to, use of copyrighted material, or posting material considered indecent for minors.
- You and any person who has access to your Account must evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, information, text, data or other materials ("Content"). ESPN.com reserves the right to remove Content which is deemed in ESPN.com's sole discretion unlawful, harmful, defamatory, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable or in violation of the House Rules, or any rules or policies ESPN.com has in place at the time. Member agrees not to use ESPN.com for chain letters, junk mail, unsolicited bulk mail, or any type of spam.
- You or ESPN.com may terminate your Account at any time for any reason or no reason at all. Once your Account is terminated, you cannot engage in member activities on ESPN.com in any manner or for any reason without the express written consent of ESPN.com, and you cannot assist in enabling a terminated members access to ESPN.com using your Account. In cases where you have allowed any other individual to use your Account or have negligently made your password publicly available, you recognize that you are fully responsible for: (i) the online conduct of such user; (ii) controlling the users access to and use of ESPN.com; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse. You further recognize that you, as the holder of the Account, are entirely responsible for activities conducted through such Account.
- ESPN.com membership will be revoked if any of the following activities occur:
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE ANY MEMBER FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON AT ALL.
- making available copyrighted software which has been "cracked"
(e.g., copyright protection for the software has been removed)
- making available serial numbers for software which can be used to illegally validate or register software
- making available tools which can be used for no purpose other than "cracking" software.
If ESPN.com becomes aware of the presence of copyright infringing material on its server either in the course of its ordinary and reasonable business activities or by notification from a third party, the ESPN.com member responsible for the page with the infringing material will, at ESPN.com?s sole discretion, have the offending home page deleted and membership revoked.
ESPN.com thanks you for observing these rules! If you have a complaint about someone you believe is in violation of the ESPN.com House Rules or Terms of Service, please send us the offending member's user name or handle and cut and paste the relevant content into an email to: