Jon Grudens Raiders and Tom Bradys Bucs: A Special Relationship
The Las Vegas Raiders take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this Sunday, pitting Raiders head coach Jon Gruden against both his former team and former Tuck Rule game foe, Tom Brady. Grudens personality and coaching style has long been a part of NFL lore, throughout his first stint with the Oakland Raiders, time in Tampa, and now a return to the newly moved Vegas team. ESPNs Paul Gutierrez gets at what makes Gruden tick, brings us up to speed on the 2020 Raiders, and weighs the impact of a rash of positive COVID tests. Plus, how the Raiders are settling into their Nevada home (and how Gutierrez is settling into his Vegas digs).
S2 E1: Meeting Conrad
Our search for Conrad Mainwaring began with a single tip, from a California man named Andrew Zenoff. Andrew reached out to reporter Mike Kessler and told the story of his older brother, Victor. The siblings had attended a summer camp in the late 70s, where Victor was allegedly molested by Mainwaring. By 1980, just short of his 18th birthday, Victor would die unexpectedly just days after telling his mother what Conrad did to him. For years, the Zenoffs grappled not only with the loss, but with so many unanswered questions. Beginning in 2017, after Andrew called Kessler, we began to look for answers. And we started with a question that seemed simple enough, but proved quite elusive: Who was Conrad Mainwaring?
Most Recent Podcasts
NBA Positioning towards Christmas Return
The panel discusses the league moving towards starting next season around Christmas, with or without fans and more NBA topics. Plus, the crew plays a round of Jump Ball, Something-Nothing-Or Everything and the league's reaction to NBA 2K ratings.
Hour 2: Still not impressed with Carson Wentz
Max still not ready to give Carson Wentz credit after beating a bad Giants team Max goes over his notes on Wentz's performance Michael Collins and Max in passionate debate over Carson Wentz's Max says if Raiders players aren't following protocol they should be punished Last Take-The Daniel Jones fall heard around the world.
Will King Henry Run Over Steelers?
Spend your afternoon with Jalen & Jacoby as the guys discuss Sundays Steelers-Titans and Seahawks-Cardinals games, keys to tonights World Series Game 3 and the return of Michigan football. Plus, Busta and Jeezy want Verzuz battle smoke with T.I.
Is Paul Pogba The Problem?
The FC crew discuss Manchester United's up and down season following their win over PSG and how they will play against Chelsea at the weekend. Plus, fallout from Real Madrid's poor Champions League showing as they head into a clash with Barcelona. Meanwhile, Arsenal, Tottenham and AC Milan all impress in the Europa League. Plus, Shaka's power rankings!
- Karl Ravech joins Buster to discuss the Rays bringing a knife to a gun fight, Mookie Betts completing the circle with the Dodgers, Tyler Glasnow throwing balls in the dirt, Brandon Lowes struggles, Jeff Luhnow again denying he knew about the Astros cheating and Steve Cohens official approval to buy the Mets (8:00). Plus, Sarah Langs plays The Numbers Game with notes on Clayton Kershaw, Cody Bellinger and Betts (34:33).
- Field, Matthew and Kyle talk the latest news around the NFL, Week 7 rankings and finish the show with trivia.
- Katie and Ashley try to help out an Atlanta sports fan who has had enough. Then Katie gets into her confusion on what day it is and confronts Ashley on her hall pass. The Eagles lost again, does Kansas City have too many pizza toppings, a potential nickname for Chase Claypool, and the Jets have another butt play. Bob Ryan claims hes never heard of a Twix and Katie has THOUGHTS. Finally, the Bachelorette is back!
- SVP & Stanford Steve are joined by actor/comedian Joel McHale as he talks about hosting ABCs Card Sharks, being mistaken for Daniel Tosh, walking on the football team at Washington & more. Plus, Scott on the Spot that includes the Big Ten, Poop Town and Lyman Orchards.
- NBCs Mike Tirico discusses his illustrious career thats included MNF with Jon Gruden, NBA Finals with Hubie Brown, the Olympics and everything in between. Plus, Greeny tells a story about when Mike Tirico filled in for him on Mike & Mike and why it made him nervous.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
Around the Rim
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich
DC & Helwani
Down & Distance
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplan
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
I'm Interested with Mike Greenberg
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy
Le Batard & Friends - Mystery Crate
Le Batard & Friends - South Beach Sessions
Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity
Marty Smith's America The Podcast
Matty & The Caddie
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
The Adam Schefter Podcast
The Bill Barnwell Show
The CFB Podcast with Herbie, Pollack & Negandhi
The Lowe Post
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
The Sporting Life with Jeremy Schaap
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.