JJ Redick: Life with the Pelicans in the NBA Bubble
The NBA has made it through its first games of the restart, and JJ Redick of the New Orleans Pelicans is happy to be hooping once again - with rookie star Zion Williamson, no less. We get an inside look from the bubble in Orlando (including Redicks third-best hotel situation), and all the reasons the 14-year pro says this season is unlike any other. Hear how Redick and his teammates are keeping momentum and focus, on and off the court, including actions around racial justice issues. Plus, Redick talks to Pablo about future podcast plans and finding his voice.
NBA Restart Recap
Zion's minutes restriction and lackluster play have Brian Windhorst, Kirk Goldsberry and Bobby Marks wondering how the Pelicans should manage the young phenom moving forward. The guys also discuss the tight race for the 8th seed in the West (36:30), Philly's struggles against Indiana (23:53) and their initial impressions of the restart.
Most Recent Podcasts
Hour 3: Opt Out
Stan Verrett & Jen Lada talk baseball with ESPN's Tim Kurkjian and also try and figure out what happened with Yoenis Cespedes on Sunday. Plus, Virginia Tech's Caleb Farley opts out of the season as he had concerns with Virginia Tech's testing and procedures.
Brooks Koepka: All Business
What up yall? The PGA Championship is this week and we have Brooks Koepka, who has won it the past two years on the podcast. We get into his 5-second rule in college, making friends on the tour, trying to defend a title and more. Plus, #AskMarty that includes fictional sports stars and cornbread.
Rockets Soar Past Bucks
Spend your afternoon with Jalen & Jacoby as they discuss the Rockets' impressive win over the Bucks, Jayson Tatum lighting up the Blazers, the Raptors' shutdown of AD and LeBron and more. Plus, Aaron Judge keeps hitting home runs and The Rock buys XFL. Also, Jalen's hairline reaches hall of fame status.
It's Not Just The Economy, Stupid
After the release of historically bad GDP data, the crew discusses how well economic data can predict the outcome of an election. They also discuss the potential consequences of President Trump casting doubt on the legitimacy of the 2020 election.
Sancho On His Way to United?
The FC crew detail reports that Jadon Sancho is close to finally signing with Manchester United, but where does he fit in best with the starting squad? Plus, the boys debate and rank Europe's most prolific strikers and ask where Aubameyang belongs in the conversation. Also, the EFL promotion playoff final kicks off tomorrow, which side between Brentford and Fulham is best fitted to join the Premier League?
The panel reacts to impressive weekends from the Rockets and Raptors as they emerge as contenders. Plus a game of Something, Nothing or Everything, reaction to players not kneeling during the anthem, LeBron's slow scoring start and more NBA topics.
- Jesse Rogers joins Buster to discuss broadcasting from an empty Wrigley Field, MLBs willingness to replace a whole team with a taxi squad, the untold story of how the Miami outbreak happened, Tony Clark and Rob Manfred leaving Don Mattingly flapping in the wind, David Prices tweet and the potential for conflict in the Dodgers-Astros series (5:28). Later, The Philadelphia Inquirers Scott Lauber stops by to talk about the level of concern within the Phillies after playing the Marlins during the weekend, cleaning the clubhouse and Red Sox chairman Tom Werner taking a shot at the Dodgers over the Mookie Betts deal (24:44).
- Kevin Pelton and draft expert Mike Schmitz join Brian Windhorst to discuss the young stars of the bubble, and if their careers (so far) match the expectations that surrounded them coming into the league.
- Sarah talks to Mike Golic about the end of his two decades plus run as the co-host of ESPN Radio's morning show including his favorite guests, recurring bits, trips, experiences, why the end of Golic and Wingo feels so much different than the end of Mike & Mike, and what his future holds.
- LaChina Robinson and Terrika Foster-Brasby take a glance inside the Florida bubbles with Boston Celtics VP of Player Development and Organization Growth Allison Feaster in Orlando and Las Vegas Aces forward Dearica Hamby in Bradenton. Both guest explain the process, the practice structure, game preparation and so much more!
- Mina and Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders discuss the growing list of players opting out of the 2020 season, the Seahawks trading for Jamal Adams, and preview the season outlook for the Steelers, Ravens, Browns, and Bengals.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
Ariel Helwani's MMA Show
Around the Rim
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich
Down & Distance
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplan
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy
Le Batard & Friends - Mystery Crate
Le Batard & Friends - South Beach Sessions
Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity
Marty Smith's America The Podcast
Matty & The Caddie
Sorry in Advance...The Golic Family Podcast
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
The Adam Schefter Podcast
The Bill Barnwell Show
The College Football Podcast With Herbie & Pollack
The Lowe Post
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.