The transfer windows in Europe's top leagues are closed, but it's never too early to look forward to January. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Man City join the chase for Haaland
Alf-Inge played in a very different City team from 2000-03 and was probably most famous for being stamped on by Man United midfielder Roy Keane. But his 19-year-old son is now scoring goals for fun and has attracted the attention of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United, among others.
Salzburg want £50m and won't sell in January, but City will need a replacement for Sergio Aguero soon and are monitoring the striker now.
22.09 BST: We'll bring Friday's live edition of Transfer Talk to a close with some reporting coming out of Germany. Arsenal fell short of RB Leipzig's valuation for 20-year-old centre-back Dayot Upamecano last summer, but Metro cites Kicker as reporting that the Red Bull-backed club are willing to lower their asking price for fear of losing the France U21 international for nothing at the end of his contract 18 months from now.
20.16 BST: Manchester United have asked to be kept informed of Emre Can's situation at Juventus ahead of the January transfer window, sources have told ESPN FC. Sources have also told ESPN FC that United have cooled their interest in Can's Juventus teammate Mario Mandzukic.
18.23 BST: Calciomercato is citing L'Equipe as reporting that Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani has rejected an offer to join David Beckham's Inter Miami when they join MLS next season, preferring to remain in Europe, with Inter, Napoli, Juventus, Atletico Madrid and Manchester United all said to be interested in the 32-year-old.
16.30 BST: Hearts teenager Aaron Hickey has been the subject of interest by Manchester City, while the Premier League champions are also keen on Kilmarnock winger Liam Smith, according to the Daily Mail.
Hickey, 17, has impressed for Hearts since making his debut last year and the full-back has nailed down his place in the first team. The SPL club want him back on loan if any deal is struck in January, though, and that seems to be a sticking point in the £1.5m deal.
Meanwhile Smith, 16, could be snapped up for as little as £200,000 compensation and Kilmarnock want him to sign a new deal before then.
15.06 BST: Young English talent comes at a price these days and Bournemouth could name their price for midfielder Lewis Cook.
Cook has struggled with knee-ligament damage since making his England debut last year and has a contract until 2022 on the south coast. The Daily Mail reports that both Liverpool and Chelsea are eyeing up the 22-year-old with a view to making a move either in January or next summer.
13.54 BST: Manchester United are also considering a move for former Liverpool midfielder Emre Can, who is unhappy at Juventus, reports Sky Sports.
Can, 25, had four years at Anfield before moving to Turin, but was left out of the club's Champions League squad and did not react well.
The Germany international would get an interesting reception from both sets of fans if he does move to Old Trafford...
13.13 BST: Perhaps Harry Maguire for £80m wasn't Man United's first-choice after all...
Turkish outlet Sporx reports that the club put in a €30m bid for Juventus defender Merih Demiral before landing the Leicester centre-back. The 21-year-old Turkey international had actually only just signed from Alanyaspor, having been on loan at Sassuolo, so it was always going to be a tough ask.
12.06 BST: Sources have told ESPN that Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is set to continue his policy of targeting British players next summer with Jadon Sancho and James Maddison, While other British names on Solskjaer's hit list include Newcastle midfielder Sean Longstaff, Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson and Stoke defender Nathan Collins.
Saul has a contract until 2026 but a £135m release clause, while Dembele would cost upwards of £40m.
11.14 BST: Jose Mourinho at Tottenham? Surely not...
Ogden: Mourinho & Levy a recipe for disaster
Mark Ogden explains why Jose Mourinho and Daniel Levy would never be able to coexist at Tottenham.
10.33 BST: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said the Manchester United manager's job is not too big for him, but admits summer decisions have "harmed" his team.
"I've never felt it's too big for me," Solskjaer told a news conference on Friday. "I'm confident in what we're trying to do and with my staff, I've been so impressed.
"We have a plan and we have made some decisions in the short term that we knew would harm us but in the long term would benefit us, and that's part of the plan."
09.41 BST: Liverpool have options now and midfielder Adam Lallana isn't getting much of a look-in.
Football Insider reports that the 31-year-old will move on in the summer if he can't make an impression this season, with his former club Southampton likely to be keen.
08.46 BST: Arsenal fans can have a proper giggle over news that Man United were tracking Wojciech Szczesny amid the David De Gea contract saga.
Goal reports that United asked about the Juventus goalkeeper's availability, but it went no further when DDG signed new terms. We wonder if they would have let him smoke at Old Trafford.
So naturally he's being linked with a move and naturally Inter Milan are interested, says the Sun, as they attempt to build an entire XI of former United flops.
Man United ready to splash the cash in January
Gab Marcotti identifies areas of Manchester United's squad that need strengthening in January.
PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle)
Napoli owner admits Koulibaly for sale at right price
The Senegal international has been turning heads on the European stage for a few years now, with Premier League side Manchester United being one of the clubs most interested in acquiring his services. After managing to hold onto him this past summer, it seems as if the time has finally come for them to listen to offers.
"I loved Koulibaly the man so I refused €105 million, but a time will come when I'll have to sell him. Whoever says we didn't improve our defence is wrong," De Laurentiis said.
Why did Pogba meet with Zidane?
The Mirror is reporting that Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba met with Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane during the international break.
Pogba has been heavily linked with a move away from the Red Devils over the past year or so, with Real Madrid believed to be one of the leading contenders in the race for his signature alongside his former club Juventus.
The Frenchman has been in Dubai recovering from an ankle injury, and during his time in the Middle East, the World Cup winner met with Zidane, who was in the area for a conference. The Real boss, who is on the record as saying he wants Pogba at the Bernabeu, attempted to sign him this past summer but United made it clear that he wasn't for sale.
- Juventus forward Paulo Dybala is ready to renew his contract with the club, Calciomercato reports. The 25-year-old was heavily linked with potential moves to both Tottenham and Manchester United this past summer, but neither came to fruition. Now, the Argentine is prepared to extend his current deal, which was set to run through until 2022.
- More from Calciomercato, which reports that Turkish side Besiktas are interested in the possibility of signing Leicester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho. The former Manchester City star was once considered to be one of the most exciting strikers in the Premier League, but now the youngster needs to reignite his goal-scoring touch -- and a move abroad could help to facilitate that.
- Italian champions Juventus will go all-in on trying to secure new contracts for two members of the first-team squad this January, says Calciomercato. Blaise Matuidi and Juan Cuadrado will both see their current deals expire during next year's summer transfer window, with Juve planning to avoid any dramatic last-minute showdowns over terms at the end of the season.