Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio has said Yann M'Vila's move from Rubin Kazan is all but done -- but stressed that it has yet to be made official.
Despite pictures emerging of the France midfielder holding an Inter shirt, Ausilio said he was waiting for the Russian club to confirm that the one-year loan was going ahead.
"I've seen the photos," he told Sky Italia. "I can say that we all need to be a little bit patient.
Inter signed Yann M'Vila pic.twitter.com/KuQBXCrPYH
- Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 11, 2014
"It was probably a case of the lad being so excited and determined to join Inter that he couldn't wait for it to be official.
"We have to wait until Rubin put down in black and white what they've already told us verbally. Everything's been done between us and the boy."
He said Cardiff City midfielder Gary Medel -- who claimed earlier this month that he was a target for Serie A clubs -- was also interesting Inter.
The Chile international appears certain to leave the Bluebirds after their relegation from the Premier League, and Ausilio added: "We think we already have a lot of skilful players in midfield, and we're looking for someone who offers us something a bit different, who could complete our set of midfielders if M'Vila should also join.
"Medel has those things we're looking for, but so do other players."
Udinese winger Roberto Pereyra has also been linked with a move, but Ausilio said: "One [player] will come in and then we'll need to start thinking about who's going to be moving on or we'll end up with lots of players.
"At this stage, you need to make sure you balance things and put together a squad where everyone's pulling in the same direction. You don't want to have too big a squad."