Monaco have beaten off competition from Manchester City, Liverpool and Inter Milan to sign full-back Jorge from Flamengo.
The trio of European clubs had all been linked to the 20-year-old Brazilian, who has been dubbed "the new Roberto Carlos."
However, Monaco have won the race to sign him from Flamengo, reportedly paying €8.5 million to the Brazilian club for his services.
Jorge, who won his first senior Brazil cap last week, has signed a contract through to June 2021 with the Principality club, joining a healthy contingent of his fellow countrymen at the Stade Louis II.
"The club officials convinced me to join Monaco's project, they're a big, ambitious club," he told Monaco's official website. "I want to do everything I can to follow in the footsteps of my compatriots Fabinho, Jemerson and [Gabriel] Boschilia, who have made a lot of progress since their arrival in Monaco."
- AS Monaco EN (@AS_Monaco_EN) January 30, 2017
The Rio-born defender played with Boschilia as Brazil reached the FIFA Under-20 World Cup final in New Zealand in 2015.
Jorge's signing fits with Monaco's policy of bringing fledgling talents to the club, helping them blossom and then potentially selling them on for a significant profit, as they did with Anthony Martial when he left for Manchester United.
"Jorge is part of this talented Brazilian generation we've been following closely," Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev said. "He's quick and has a great cross, and he'll settle in perfectly with time, I'm certain of that, into the team's play.
"In Monaco, everything is right for him to adapt and improve with the squad. His arrival is timed just right, we have a lot of hope in him for the future."