Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur target Malcom has told Brazilian media he will leave Bordeaux in the summer and "will choose my next club" soon.
ESPN FC sources also revealed that Tottenham had met the player's representatives last month and had made him a transfer target for the summer.
Bordeaux would not sell the forward in the winter window, but have told their top scorer he can go at the end of the campaign.
"I already said I wanted to leave this winter for a new challenge. But I also have to remind myself that Bordeaux have helped me a lot," Malcom, whose Bordeaux contract runs to 2021, told UOL. "I have given my word to Bordeaux that I'll continue so as to be able to have more time to choose my future club.
"These three or four months will make a big difference. Yes, Bordeaux have given me their word I can leave in June. I'm going to choose my next club and Bordeaux will let me leave."
Malcom has made a name for himself in Ligue 1 after leaving Corinthians in January 2016 after starring for Brazil's youth teams, notably at the Under-20 South American Championship and the Under-20 FIFA World Cup in 2015.
His progress has been such that Malcom was recently named on an "observation list" drawn up by Brazil coach Tite ahead of the World Cup. He will send one of his assistants, the former Arsenal and Barcelona defender Sylvinho, to Bordeaux's Ligue 1 game at Marseille this weekend to asses his form.
"It was a surprise. I didn't think about it," said Malcom, who is hopeful of being included in the squad for next month's friendlies with Russia and Germany.
"I know Tite's methods. He's all about creating a squad and I thought his squad was already created. I was very happy though, it means my work is being recognised. I now have to give my all and hope that I get called up."
Meanwhile, Bordeaux plan to appeal against the recent suspension imposed on Malcom for simulation. The Brazilian was banned for one match with another suspended after he was adjudged to have dived to win a penalty against Lyon last month.
He is set to miss Feb. 25's game against Nice but his club have lodged a protest, pointing to the lack of a sanction for Lyon's Mariano Diaz after a similar case in December.
"We are very surprised and want to understand," Bordeaux president Stephane Martin said. "The referee's report is word for word the same [as the Mariano incident]. We had a defence which was word for word the same as Lyon's. We just want to understand why in one case it is simulation, and not in the other."
His thoughts were echoed by coach Gus Poyet, who told L'Equipe: "The hardest thing is that I cannot say to a player 'This is not allowed,' or 'With this, you are alright.' Nobody explained to us why one player was suspended and not the other. I was sure Malcom would not get any [punishment], because Mariano did not get anything."