Manchester City are set to lose yet another academy graduate with winger Rabbi Matondo close to completing a move to Schalke, sources have told ESPN FC.
Having seen Jadon Sancho join Borussia Dortmund in 2017 and establish himself as a first team player, Brahim Diaz left for Real Madrid earlier this month.
Boss Pep Guardiola said there was interest in Wales international Matondo at a news conference before Tuesday night's clash with Newcastle United -- but would not confirm how far along the deal with the German club was, with the transfer window closing on Thursday.
"Yes I have some comments," Guardiola said. "I heard they are interested in another young player, but I don't know how it is going to finish.
"I know how good he is, an incredibly fast winger and a young talent. That is a good sign of how good this club is working."
Reports suggest City could receive around €13m for Matondo, 18, who would be eligible to face City when the two clubs meet in the Champions League round of 16.
Meanwhile, Guardiola refused to be drawn on criticism from Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde that he should not have spoken to Frenkie de Jong about a transfer to the Etihad Stadium.
The Netherlands international is joining the La Liga leaders in an €86m deal in the summer after Barca beat off competition from City and Paris Saint-Germain for the midfielder.
"I have no answer," Guardiola told a news conference when asked about the comments. "Ernesto is my friend.
"It's finished. I don't want to talk about it -- it's over. He is not our player so let's focus on Newcastle."