The Premier League transfer window has closed, but the rest of Europe remains open for business. Plus, it's never too late to look forward to January! Click here to view the latest transfers and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: De Gea's United future in fresh doubt
Reports last month had claimed the 28-year-old was on the verge of signing a new long-term contract worth around £350,000 a week, but it is now believed that no breakthrough has been made in negotiations between United chiefs and De Gea's representatives.
Such developments are likely to be welcome news for a string of top European clubs, with the likes of Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid still believed to be keen on doing a deal.
Former Atletico Madrid stopper De Gea is free to talk to European clubs at the turn of the year, and could sign a pre-contract agreement that would see him leave Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side for nothing next summer.
16.50 BST: Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen was linked with a move away from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Thursday, but ESPN FC's Steve Nicol said that he believes Spurs struggled before the Denmark international came off the bench in their opening day win over Aston Villa.
16.28 BST: Barcelona have accepted that Philippe Coutinho will not be leaving the club this summer, Marca reports.
The Brazil international had been linked with moves to Tottenham and Arsenal, while there had also been hopes that the attacking midfielder could be included in a deal to re-sign Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain.
However, with the Premier League's transfer deadline passing last Thursday and real Madrid entering the race for Neymar as time runs out on the European transfer window, Coutinho will remain at Barcelona until January at least.
15.52 BST: The Chelsea future of Michy Batshuayi has been plunged further into doubt after the Belgium striker was left out of the squad for the Blues' Premier League season opener at Manchester United.
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard started Tammy Abraham up front at Old Trafford and named Olivier Giroud on the bench.
Batshuayi, 25, was last week linked by L'Equipe with Ligue 1 side Monaco, who could be looking for a new forward if Radamel Falcao leaves. The Colombian has been linked with Turkish club Galatasaray.
15.17 BST: Paris Saint-Germain are ready to let Neymar join Real Madrid on an initial loan deal, according to AS.
The Spanish sport daily claims that PSG are so eager to offload the Brazil star that they would put off recouping some of the world-record €222m fee they paid for him two years ago just to get him out of the squad and off the wage bill as soon as possible.
The AS report adds that Real Madrid have the upper hand in the race for Neymar because they have maintained a good relationship with PSG, something which cannot be said for Barca.
14.34 BST: Anderlecht player-manager Vincent Kompany has made his seventh summer signing by bringing in attacking midfielder Nacer Chadli.
Chadli played alongside Kompany as Belgium reached the semifinals of the 2018 World Cup, and he returns to his homeland after six years that took in spells at Tottenham and West Brom in the Premier League and Monaco in Ligue 1.
"In recent months, we have worked hard on building the team," Anderlecht sporting director Michael Verschueren told the club's official website. "We are fully focused on youth, but we are also investing in a number of experienced players who will take youth to a higher level. Chadli is one of them.
"Nacer completes the team. We are convinced that with the group we have now, we will meet the expectations of the fans."
The 30-year-old scored 31 goals during his five years in English football, but did not register a single goal in 23 appearances for Monaco last season.
13.58 BST: Manchester United have beaten competition from Barcelona and Bayern Munich to sign teenage French midfielder Hannibal Mejbri from Monaco.
The 16-year-old attacking midfielder will cost United €10 million, sources have told ESPN FC, with half due to the Monaco up front.
Tottenham and Leicester were also keen on Mejbri but the youngster has chosen to move to Old Trafford and will be part of Neil Ryan's under-18 team when he receives international clearance from FIFA.
Goalkeeper Paul Woolston and central defender Luca Ercolani, both members of the club's under-23s, have penned new deals.
12.57 BST: Manchester City defender Eliaquim Mangala is set to join Valencia on loan, Goal in Spain have reported.
The City outcast's last game competitive appearance came back in 2018, and is now set to leave the Etihad after five years at the club.
12:00 BST: Don't forget to make your own transfers as you pick your team for our Premier League fantasy game! Take on your mates in head-to-head leagues, selecting a team each weekend to maximise points. Here's how to play the game, and click through to sign up.
11.40 BST: Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has been included in boss Zinedine Zidane's travelling squad for their final preseason friendly against Roma on Sunday.
10.50 BST: Tottenham boss Mauicio Pochettino has said there is "not any issue" with centre-back Jan Vertonghen after he left the defender out of the side that beat Aston Villa 3-1 in the club's Premier League opener.
Instead, Pochettino started with Davinson Sanchez and Toby Alderweireld in centre-half and said that it was a tactical decision not to name Vertonghen in the matchday squad.
"With all the players fit you struggle to find a starting XI," Pochettino told Sky Sports."There is not any issue, only my decision was to play with Toby and Davinson."
"We have more than 25 players and everyone needs to understand we have plenty of good players in every position."
Vertonghen, 32, has one year left on his contract at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
10.10 BST: Colombian international Radamel Falcao is set to move to Turkish champions Galatasaray from Monaco, according to AS.
Falcao scored 16 goals in 39 games in all competition last season, before making four appearances at the 2019 Copa America for Colombia.
9.15 BST: Juventus are set for a summer clearout as boss Maurizio Sarri says that "at least six" players will have to be left out of the club's Champions League squad to meet UEFA size requirements, according to the Daily Mail.
"I think he has the right characteristics to play as a false centre forward. But in any case, we have to cut six players from the Champions League list," Sarri said in a news conference on Saturday.
"Our situation is difficult, almost embarrassing, because we run the risk of leaving out players of a really high level.
"It's a situation we have to resolve and it is not just about the decisions made by coach or club."
Forward Paulo Dybala was close to joining Tottenham on transfer deadline day on Thursday but the move fell through after the player and his representatives failed to agree terms with the Premier League club, sources told ESPN FC.
Dybala came off the bench in the second half of Juve's 2-1 preseason defeat to Atletico Madrid on Saturday, and the Agrentine striker is rumoured to be one of the stars set to leave Turin this summer.
Sarri refused to get drawn on speculation surrounding Dybala, saying: "I can talk about Paulo all I like, but the market goes in a certain way and then whatever I say counts for nothing."
PAPER TALK (by James Capps): No cash to trade hands in Barca Neymar deal
Marca claims Barcelona are feeling the squeeze following of a heavy summer of spending, and the Spanish publication reckons the Catalan giants will only consider a move for Neymar if PSG are open to a player-swap deal.
The La Liga champions have spent well in excess of £200 million this summer, with more than £100 million being splashed on Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann, while moves for Frenkie De Jong and Neto have also left a heavy dent in the Barca finances.
Those moves, plus their unsuccessful attempts to sell Philippe Coutinho, mean they are no longer in a position to offer Paris Saint-Germain a package that includes any cash in exchange.
Despite the situation, coupled with Real Madrid's well-documented attempts to sign the Brazilian, Barca are convinced the 27-year-old will remain in France until at least January.
Inter keen on Biraghi reunion
Inter Milan's summer spending is showing no signs of letting up following the signing of Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku, and Calciomercato claims the Nerazzurri are hoping to clinch a deal to re-sign former youth player Cristiano Biraghi from Fiorentina.
The 26-year-old failed to make a senior appearance for Inter after joining the club as a 13-year-old in 2005, but has prospered in Tuscany with Fiorentina, and his form at left-back has seen him earn senior international honours with Italy.
Last season's form reportedly caught the eye of Antonio Conte, who is considering his options for the left-back berth, with reports claiming the former Chelsea boss is unconvinced with current incumbent Kwadwo Asamoah.
Biraghi would be the second major defensive acquisition for Inter this summer, following Diego Godin's arrival from Atletico Madrid on a free transfer.
- Lyon are targeting a late swoop for Roma midfielder Steven Nzonzi, and Calciomercato claims the French side are not put off by the player's €3 million-per-year salary. The Giallorrossi are reluctant to sell the former Blackburn Rovers man for anything under €20 million, but a deal is expected to be agreed.
- Liverpool have been left short in the goalkeeping department following an injury to first-choice stopper Alisson, as well as the sale of Simon Mignolet to Club Brugge, and The Mirror claims Jurgen Klopp's side could offer free agent Andy Lonergan a contract to provide cover between the sticks.
- Former Tottenham and West Brom winger Nacer Chadli is believed to be on the move, with reports in the Belgian press claiming the 30-year-old is set to swap Monaco for Vincent Kompany's Anderlecht. The Belgium international has struggled to settle in Ligue 1 after making the switch across the Channel a year ago.