England defender Danny Rose said he was at a loss for words, but not surprised after UEFA handed down a one-match ban to Montenegro for their fans racist abuse of Three Lions players.
UEFA ordered Montenegro to play their next home game against Kosovo on June 7, behind closed doors following racism charges that emerged during England's 5-1 thrashing of Montenegro in a European qualifier in March.
As an additional part of the punishment, the Montenegro FA has been ordered to display a banner that shows the UEFA logo and the words "#EqualGame" at the next match they host.
Rose told Sky Sports of the punishment: "I'm lost for words a little and I am not surprised. I don't think it is a harsh enough punishment for someone to learn from in the future, just a one-game ban and €20,000. It's a bit shocking but there is not much I can do now."
The Tottenham defender said after the incidents that he "had enough" of racism in stadiums and "can't wait to see the back" of his playing career. According to Montenegro's federation, "a racist outburst by a small number of thoughtless fans" was responsible for the punishment.
"I just have to hope that I never have to play there [in Montenegro] again," Rose said. "Obviously if I have to play there I will play. It's not on my list of destinations to visit. That is not to say the whole country is like that but I have only been there once and I'm mentally scarred a little bit and I am not in a rush to go back there."
In a statement, England's Football Association said: "The FA acknowledges UEFA's decision to sanction the Football Association of Montenegro. We hope that their next home match being played behind closed doors sends out a message that racism has no place in football or in wider society.
"We will continue to work with the relevant authorities in football to ensure that all players are able to enjoy the game in a discrimination-free environment."
UEFA has also charged Hungary with racist behaviour by fans in their 2-0 Group E defeat by Slovakia last month. They have been ordered to partially close the stadium for the next competitive fixture they host by at least 3,000 seats.
Information from the Associated Press and Reuters was used in this story.