- 2B:Phegley (17, Montgomery); Chapman (34, Montgomery)
- RBI:Semien (70), Pinder (41)
- 2Out RBI:Pinder
- GIDP:Pinder; Brown
- Team RISP:2-4 (Profar 0-1, Davis 1-1, Semien 1-1, Olson 0-1)
- Team LOB:6
- CS:Profar (1, 2nd base by Kennedy/Viloria); Semien (8, 3rd base by Montgomery/Viloria)
- Assists:Brown (Viloria at Home)
|M. Fiers (W, 13-3)||5.1||8||1||1||2||5||0||96-62||3.40||96|
|Y. Petit (H, 25)||1.2||0||0||0||0||1||0||17-11||3.07||17|
|J. Soria (H, 16)||1.0||1||0||0||0||2||0||16-12||4.85||16|
|L. Hendriks (S, 16)||1.0||0||0||0||0||1||0||13-9||1.41||13|
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Petit 5/5; Soria 3/3; Fiers 15/24; Hendriks 3/3
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Petit-2-1-4-4; Soria-3-3-5-1; Fiers-19-6-20-16; Hendriks-2-3-2-2
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Petit 3-1; Fiers 3-6; Hendriks 0-2
- Game Scores:M Fiers 51
- 2B:Gordon (28, Fiers); O'Hearn (9, Fiers)
- RBI:Gordon (64)
- Team RISP:1-8 (Cuthbert 0-1, Starling 0-2, Merrifield 1-1, Soler 0-1, Dozier 0-1, Viloria 0-2)
- Team LOB:7
- CS:Gordon (3, 2nd base by Soria/Phegley); Merrifield (9, 2nd base by Fiers/Phegley)
- Picked Off:Gordon (1st base, Soria)
- E:Cuthbert (10, ground ball)
- DP:2 (Cuthbert-O'Hearn , N. Lopez-Merrifield-O'Hearn)
|M. Montgomery (L, 2-5)||6.1||5||2||1||3||6||0||95-58||3.98||95|
- HBP:Olson (by Montgomery)
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Kennedy 2/3; Montgomery 16/26; Barlow 2/4; McCarthy 2/2
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Kennedy-2-2-1-1; Montgomery-21-9-12-16; Barlow-2-3-2-1; McCarthy-1-2-2-1
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Kennedy 0-1; Montgomery 7-4; Barlow 1-0; McCarthy 1-0
- Game Scores:M Montgomery 60
|1st||Pinder walked, Semien scored, Davis to second, Canha to third.||1||0|
|2nd||Semien singled to right, Phegley scored, Semien to second.||2||0|
|6th||Gordon doubled to deep right center, Dozier scored.||2||1|
Nationals reliever Daniel Hudson said family is his top priority after missing Game 1 of the NLCS for the birth of his daughter
Nationals reliever Daniel Hudson is back with the Nationals for Game 2 of the NLCS after missing Game 1 for the birth of his daughter Millie.
St. Louis Cardinals claim baseballs are traveling less in postseason
The Cardinals say their analytics show that baseballs are traveling on average 4.5 fewer feet in the postseason than during the regular season.
David Freese, 2011 World Series MVP with Cardinals, retires after 11 seasons
David Freese, who was named MVP after his Game 6 home run kept the Cardinals alive in the 2011 World Series, has retired. He spent the final two seasons of his 11-year career with the Dodgers.
Astros go with all right-handed pitchers for ALCS; lefty Wade Miley not included
The Astros didn't include Wade Miley on their 25-man roster for the American League Championship Series, leaving them with a completely right-handed pitching staff against the Yankees.
Nats' Scherzer aims to keep Cards down in Game 2
The Washington Nationals gained the early National League Championship Series edge over the St. Louis Cardinals, and they will look to build on it behind Max Scherzer in Game 2.
Yankees include Aaron Hicks, CC Sabathia on ALCS roster
Aaron Hicks, who last played on Aug. 3 because of an elbow injury, and CC Sabathia were both among the 25 players included on the Yankees' roster for the American League Championship Series.