The NRL is investigating Warriors forward Josh Curran over an incident at a licensed venue in Port Macquarie on NSW's mid-North Coast over the weekend.
The Warriors released a statement on Tuesday afternoon confirming they had reported the matter to the NRL integrity Unit but would not comment further until the league's investigation has been finalised.
It is believed Curran called the club to inform them of the matter.
NSW Police said on Tuesday they were investigating an incident where a 16-year-old boy was allegedly assaulted.
"Officers from Mid North Coast Police District commenced inquiries after reports a teenager was assaulted at a nightclub on William Street, Port Macquarie, about 3am on Sunday (2 October 2022)," a police spokesman said.
"The teenage boy received facial injuries as a result of the alleged incident.
"Investigations into this incident are continuing. As part of their inquiries, investigators are interviewing numerous witnesses and reviewing CCTV from the nightclub and surrounds."
It comes as the NRL weighs up whether to stand North Queensland star Luciano Leilua down after he was charged on Monday with domestic violence offences.
Leilua is due to represent Samoa at the Rugby League World Cup, and had been preparing to fly to England when he was advised to stay behind.
A legal representative for the second-rower told Nine Newspapers on Tuesday their client planned to defend the charges.
There remains a question over whether any NRL sanctions would impinge on his ability to line up at the World Cup, which begins later this month.
Leilua's charges do not equate to a minimum 11-year prison terms for the automatic no-fault stand-down policy to be invoked, however the NRL has previously stood players down over domestic violence charges.
The situation was complicated on Tuesday by the fact Samoa were in transit to the UK, while timezones also made clarity difficult.
World Cup officials have previously indicated the NRL would determine when punishments would be carried into the tournament.