George North will join Ospreys when he leaves Northampton Saints at the end of the season.
North, who has 73 Wales caps to his name, announced that he would be returning to Wales back in November, and he has now signed a National Dual Contract (NDC) with the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) to turn out for Ospeys next season.
In a statement released by the WRU, North said: "I'm really excited to be joining the Ospreys and starting a new chapter in my career when I return to Wales."
"I believe the Ospreys have an exciting future with the structure and the recruitment they have put in place and I'm really looking forward to linking up with Allen [Clarke] and the squad in the summer.
"It was a really positive decision for me to sign a National Dual Contract with the support and structure it provides. I have worked alongside the WRU to finalise my choice of region and I would like to thank everyone involved. I'm really looking forward to becoming an Osprey."
As part of the deal, the WRU will be paying 60 percent of North's wages, while Ospreys will make up the remaining 40 percent.
North, who has also appeared for the Lions, joins the likes of compatriot Leigh Halfpenny in signing an NDC, whose return to Wales with Scarlets last year was facilitated by the collaborative contract.