2016/17 Scottish Communities League Cup, SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP - GROUP STAGE
  • Jamie Watson (87')
  • Souleymane Coulibaly (69')
  • William Boyle (76')

Clyde 1-2 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock's debutants impressed at Broadwood as they saw off the challenge of Clyde in 2-1 win in the Betfred Cup.
Soulaymane Coulibaly and William Boyle sealed the win for the away side, but they had goalkeeper Jamie McDonald to thank for saving a penalty with the score 0-0.
Subsitute Jamie Watson volleyed home a late goal for Clyde but it was not enough as they slipped to defeat.
The victory continues the re-building job for Lee Clarke's side, who earlier this month added 11 players on the same day.
Clyde themselves have recruited heavily so far in this window, and handed starts to seven summer signings.
And it was the home side who had the better of the opening exchanges. Striker Sean Higgins should have put the Bully Wee in front after 20 minutes, but flashed his effort just wide.
For all of the home side's attacking threat, they looked exposed defensively with Kilmarnock guilty of wasting a number of first-half chances.
The away side looked particularly threatening from set-pieces. Coulibaly - the summer signing from Peterborough - had efforts on goal but failed to capitalise on slack marking in the Clyde ranks.
Clyde again got out of the traps quickest in the second half and were rewarded for their endeavour with a chance from the penalty spot.
Away defender Boyle, making his first competitive start since joining from Huddersfield on loan, was the culprit, handballing Dylan Easton's shot.
But McDonald spared the Englishman's blushes, saving from Scott Linton's tame effort.
And Clyde were made to pay as the impressive Coulibaly back-heeled from five yards out to put Kilmarnock in front.
Boyle atoned for his earlier error by doubling the away side's lead with 14 minutes to go, rising highest from a corner to head home at the back post.
Watson gave the home side a lifeline with minutes remaining, impressively volleying home from a free-kick, but it was not enough as Kilmarnock held on.