Partick Thistle 1-2 Dundee

Simon Murray opened his Dundee account with two late goals to hand Neil McCann's Dark Blues a dramatic 2-1 win over Partick Thistle at the Energy Check Stadium.Conor Sammon's seventh goal in as many games had put Alan Archibald's team ahead three minutes before the break.But they could not hang on as Murray struck twice in the final five minutes to hand the Dens outfit a precious win.The result now sees them climb to eighth - seven points in front of the automatic relegation spot - and leave Thistle perched just one point above second-bottom Hamilton.Sammon was denied an early opportunity when Josh Meekings did brilliantly to get himself in the Irishman's way just as he looked set to finish off a flowing Thistle move.Thistle were making all the running in the opening stages but it was Dundee midfielder Glen Kamara's mistake which almost gave them the opener on 27 minutes.The former Arsenal trainee took a heavy touch as he tried to control Miles Storey's cross but Martin Woods could not take advantage as his first-time effort flew straight at Dee keeper Elliott Parish.The visitors eventually got going as the half-hour mark ticked by. Murray could not beat Tomas Cerny with a lob attempt, while the Jags number one was just as alert to deny Mark O'Hara after he had robbed Callum Booth.Roarie Deacon was next to threaten for Neil McCann's side as his pile-driver fizzed just wide but it was the hosts who grabbed the half-time lead as Sammon continued his hot streak.Mustapha Dumbuya sent a cross to the back post which was knocked down by Ryan Edwards for Sammon, who bundled it over the line before Parish could claw away the danger.Dundee should have hit back five minutes after the restart, however. Sofien Moussa's attempted overhead kick was never any threat to Cerny but it did drop for strike partner Murray, who completely missed the target from just three yards out.Thistle also wasted the chance to double their lead after 60 minutes when Chris Erskine calmly brought down Storey's cross in the box but his spin and shot was kept out by Parish's legs.But with the clock ticking towards 90 Dundee launched a cavalry charge.Murray grabbed the leveller on 85 minutes as he pounced at the back post to turn home an A-Jay Leitch-Smith effort.He had the ball in the net again seconds later only to be flagged offside, while Leitch-Smith rattled a post.However, Dundee refused to settle for a point and got their winner in the 90th minute as Steven Caulker's defelcted strike broke for Murray, who climbed above a ruck of players to nod home.