The 2022 January transfer window is open (find out when it closes here), and there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Juve to sign Zakaria; Bentancur to Premier League
Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Juve have agreed a fee of €5m, plus a further €2m in add-ons, for the 25-year-old Zakaria. Once that deal is done, it should allow Bentancur to leave Turin.
Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa are going head to head for Bentancur, but transfer journalist Gianluca Di Marzio says that Spurs have now outbid their rivals and are in pole position to get the deal done.
Villa boss Steven Gerrard is keen to add Bentancur to his squad to offer competition for Douglas Luiz, with the club reportedly offering £16.5 million plus £4m in bonuses for the Uruguayan. Juve rejected the Villans' bid as they are looking for a fee of around £21m up front. Spurs have now entered the race with a higher offer.
Juve are looking for a permanent move and are holding out for their preferred figure because any move for Bentancur would see 30% of the fee go to former club, Boca Juniors.
Defensive midfielder Bentancur joined Juve from the Argentine side for a fee of £8m in 2017 and his contract runs out in the summer of 2024.
21.58 GMT: Phil Jones made his first appearance for Manchester United in nearly two years earlier this month, and now Bordeaux are interested in bringing the 29-year-old former England international to Ligue 1, according to L'Equipe. The French club are in search of a new central defender following the exits of Otavio and Josh Maja and Laurent Koscielny's imminent departure.
21.31 GMT: With Juventus having completed the signing of Dusan Vlahovic on Friday, Inter Milan now have a clear path to signing Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca this summer, writes Gazzetta dello Sport. The twice-capped Italy international's preference is to move to the San Siro, having rejected the advances of Borussia Dortmund, but Inter will still need to agree a transfer fee with the Neroverdi.
21.04 GMT: AS reports that Granada are interested in taking Juventus striker Kaio Jorge on loan for the remainder of the season, with the promising 20-year-old having played sparingly for Massimiliano Allegri's team this term. However, the Bianconeri would only be willing to allow the Brazilian to leave the club if Alvaro Morata -- who is of interest to Barcelona -- remains.
20.37 GMT: Former Arsenal captain Laurent Koscielny and current club Bordeaux have agreed to terminate the final six months of the 36-year-old defender's contract, according to L'Equipe. Lorient, second bottom in Ligue 1, are said to be interested in the former France international.
20.10 GMT: Despite his representatives' negotiations with Valencia and Bordeaux, Oscar Mingueza will not leave Barcelona this month, writes Marca. The 22-year-old once-capped Spain international has played just 183 minutes since the start of December, but neither of the interested clubs offered a solution the player found agreeable.
19.43 GMT: Sampdoria have announced that they've signed 26-year-old midfielder Stefano Sensi on loan from Inter Milan. The Italy international has struggled for playing time at the San Siro this season, featuring for just 195 minutes for the Nerazzurri this term.
19.16 GMT: West Ham United's bid for Leeds United attacker Raphinha has been rejected, the Evening Standard reports. Marcelo Bielsa's side are seven points clear of the relegation zone, but are unwilling to part with their star performer to ensure they don't get sucked into a fight against the drop.
19.02 GMT: Barcelona have announced that they have signed Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Adama Traore on loan for the remainder of the season, with an option to make the move permanent. The 26-year-old Spain international returns to the Blaugrana five years after leaving for England, having spent 11 years in the club's academy and B team, making one appearance for the senior side in that time. Read the full story.
18.49 GMT: Without a club since mutually agreeing to terminate his contract at Atletico Mineiro in Brazil, Diego Costa has been offered to Ligue 1 side Saint-Etienne, according to L'Equipe. However, despite having the financial wherewithal to complete such a deal, les Verts have declined the opportunity in favour of finding an attacker already acclimated to the French league.
18.22 GMT: AS Roma are considering a swap deal that would see Valencia winger Goncalo Guedes join the Italian capital club and Carles Perez return to LaLiga in exchange, Gazzetta dello Sport writes. The 25-year-old Portugal international has largely struggled to reach the heights of his debut season at Mestalla in 2017-18, but this term has seen a return to form, registering eight goals and six assists in 22 league appearances.
17.55 GMT: Sport reports that Barcelona will only go through with their bid to sign Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this month if they're able to find a new home for Ousmane Dembele, whose contract expires this summer and has shown little appetite for agreeing fresh terms. Barca have been in the market for a forward throughout January, but unless they can shift Dembele's wages off their books, they won't be able to afford to pay a new No. 9.
17.28 GMT: Chelsea will return to their negotiations with Sevilla in an effort to sign centre-back Jules Kounde before the summer, in an effort to avoid a bidding war, according to AS. The Blues offered a transfer fee of €50m for the 23-year-old France international last summer, but the LaLiga outfit referred to the player's €80m release clause and an agreement was never found.
17.01 GMT: Fabrizio Romano reports that United States international George Bello is set for a move to Europe.
The Atlanta United left-back, who made his USMNT debut 12 months ago and now has six senior caps, is to play in Belgium with Cercle Brugge.
A transfer fee of $3.75m fee, plus a sell on clause, is reported and the 20-year-old will now discuss personal terms.
He has made 52 MLS appearances for Atlanta since breaking into the first team in 2018.
Excl. Atlanta United have reached an agreement with Cercle Brugge to sell talented left back George Bello on a permanent move. $3.75m fee plus sell on clause. 🇺🇸🇧🇪 #MLS— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 29, 2022
Bello asked for a chance in Europe immediately - talks ongoing on personal terms. Here we go soon. #transfers pic.twitter.com/VwcEJ6jEdd
16.17 GMT: We have a done deal! Inter Milan have completed the signing of Felipe Caicedo on loan from Genoa.
Caicedo, a 33-year-old striker, has played for a host of clubs including FC Basel, Manchester City, Lokomotiv Moscow, Espanyol and Lazio.
A former Ecuador international with 68 caps, he had only been a bit-part player for Genoa with two appearances this season.
15.33 GMT: Remember when Chelsea signed the two best players of the Premier League's last half-decade, Mohamed Salah and Kevin De Bruyne, only to let them both go? Us too.
With that in mind, ESPN FC's Ryan O'Hanlon decided to look at some of the weird, wild and wonderful things that have happened in the January transfer window.
14.50 GMT: Fabrizio Romano reports that Bryan Gil is on the verge of leaving Tottenham Hotspur just six months after signing for the club.
Gil, who was signed as part of the deal that took Erik Lamela to Sevilla, has made only nine Premier League appearances, and 20 in all competitions, and is desperate for regular first-team football.
Valencia are in advanced negotiations over a loan deal for the remainder of the season for the 20-year-old midfielder.
Valencia will be in direct talks with Tottenham today to complete Bryan Gil signing on straight loan. Spurs will make final decision in the coming hours. 🦇 #THFC— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 29, 2022
Valencia will also discuss with AS Roma over potential loan deal for Amad Diawara.
14.04 GMT: The Daily Star reports that Donny van de Beek has begged Ralf Rangnick to allow him to join Crystal Palace and end his Manchester United nightmare.
Van de Beek, who cost United £35m when he made the switch from Ajax in 2020, has made just 27 appearances in all competitions and started only two Premier League matches last season -- and just one start in 11 games since Rangnick replaced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The report states that the 24-year-old is desperate to join Palace on loan to show he can cut it in the Premier League.
The Athletic reports that Everton, who tried to sign the midfielder in the summer, are also in talks. But will United let him go?
13.20 GMT: Mark Ogden explains the hurdles still to be jumped in Liverpool's pursuit of FC Porto winger Luis Diaz.
12.37 GMT: Lyon are set to replace Bruno Guimaraes with Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Giovani Lo Celso, reports L'Equipe.
Guimaraes is set to complete a move to Newcastle United before Monday's deadline. Lyon have moved swiftly to plug the hole, with the 25-year-old Lo Celso always their No. 1 target.
The report states that Lo Celso will move to Lyon on loan, and will pay half his wages, though there will not be an option to make the move permanent.
11.52 GMT: Calciomercato reports that Aaron Ramsey is set to stay at Juventus after turning down interest from five Premier League clubs.
Ramsey, 31, is surplus to requirements at Juve, who are desperate to get a midfielder who earns €7.5m net each season off the wage bill. The report says Aston Villa, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Newcastle United and Wolves were all turned down by the Wales international, who has 18 months left on his deal in Turin.
He has played only 98 minutes of Serie A football this season.
11.11 GMT: The Times reports that Brentford are hoping to announce the signing of Christian Eriksen this weekend.
Eriksen, 29, is looking to restart his career after suffering a cardiac arrest with Denmark at Euro 2020. The midfielder had to leave Inter Milan as he could not play in Italian football with a defibrillator fitted, but Brentford hope to given him a chance back in professional football.
Eriksen does not have to sign by the transfer deadline as he is a free agent.
10.30 GMT: Paul Pogba could be prepared to stay at Manchester United next season -- as long as Ralf Rangnick is still the manager, reports The Sun.
Pogba, 28, is out of contract at the end of the season and is already able to discuss a free transfer with clubs outside of England.
It had been expected that the France midfielder would leave, but the report says that he has been impressed by Rangnick -- who is on an interim deal until the end of the campaign.
Pogba hasn't yet played for Rangnick, having been out since November with a thigh injury.
09.42 GMT: Newcastle United are making a move for Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah and Brighton defender Dan Burn, according to The Guardian.
The report states that Magpies boss Eddie Howe is keen to add to his defensive options, and has already seen a transfer offer of £8m rejected by Brighton. The Seagulls are braced for an improved offer before Monday's deadline for Burn, who was born in the north-east and grew up as a Newcastle fan.
Striker Nketiah is also available for transfer having failed to break into Mikel Arteta's first-team plans.
09.00 GMT: Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is one of the players Barcelona are considering as a short-term solution to their goal-scoring problems, as a deal for Juventus striker Alvaro Morata is looking unlikely, sources have told ESPN.
Arsenal are open to Aubameyang's departure in January after his relationship soured with coach Mikel Arteta, but only if the majority of his £250k-per-week wages are covered. Ideally, sources have told ESPN the North London club would sign a replacement, although this is not understood to be a deal-breaker.
- West Ham United are one of several clubs eyeing up a move for Leeds United winger Raphinha, according to Sky Sports. However, Leeds are in talks to try to extend the Brazilian's contract beyond 2024, which is when his deal is due to run out. Raphinha has scored eight goals and added two assists this season and has lit up the Premier League since his move from Rennes in 2020. The Hammers are also interested in signing Reims striker Hugo Ekitike, who has scored eight goals in 10 Ligue 1 games this season. The French club want a transfer fee of £25m for the 19-year-old, who was also targeted by Newcastle earlier in the window.
- Leeds could be in for a busy couple of days if Fabrizio Romano is to be believed, with winger Crysencio Summerville to be replaced by Takumi Minamino. Hamburg are among the clubs looking to sign Leeds 20-year-old winger Summerville, and negotiations are said to have started between the two clubs. If that's the case, then expect Leeds to target Minamino if -- and when -- Luis Diaz joins Liverpool. The 27-year-old winger is on the periphery under Jurgen Klopp and with Diaz incoming, his chances of first-team football are likely to diminish further.
- Inter Milan are busy refreshing their squad and next on their list is Brazilian centre-back Bremer, according to Calciomercato. After adding Robin Gosens and potentially Felipe Caicedo on loan, the Nerrazzurri are looking to add Bremer's experience of playing in a back three to their defensive options next season. With Stefan de Vrij expected to depart at the end of the campaign, Bremer, whose contract runs out in 2023, is Inter's first port of call.
- Liverpool target Carvalho isn't leaving Fulham in January, reports the Daily Mirror. The 19-year-old has been in stunning form this season with seven goals in 16 appearances, and such consistency has alerted Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp. The young winger's current deal runs out in June, though Fulham would be due a fee because of his age. However, coach Marco Silva is determined to be the manager that offers Carvalho first-team football in the top flight.