Relight the hot stove!
After one of the wildest free agency periods we've seen in recent history -- with more than $1.7 billion committed to players in a frenzied few days at the end of November -- MLB locked out the players for the first time since 1990.
But the CBA has been agreed to -- which means there are trades to be made, extensions to consider, and free-agency decisions charting the courses of players and teams alike. Some of the biggest names in the sport will be wearing different jerseys in the next few days and weeks.
What does each team need to do to win a World Series? How do the available free agents stack up? Which teams are about to make blockbuster trades? We've got all the latest news and analysis right here.
• MLB free-agency tracker: Latest moves, grades and analysis
Olney: A hurricane of activity: 8 things that will happen once the MLB lockout ends
Kiley McDaniel's Top 50 free agents -- and where they've landed so far
Passan: Seven deals, $964 million -- 24 hours that changed the baseball landscape
Doolittle: Why MLB's free-agent frenzy should be an annual event
Doolittle: Who's winning the winter? Ranking all 30 teams by how much they've improved -- so far
Schoenfield: How contenders should fill their biggest holes
McDaniel: What just happened?! Takeaways from a wild start to MLB free agency
Gonzalez: What's next for NL West? Lockout leaves MLB's wildest division with huge question marks
Hall of Fame voting
• Ortiz lone inductee into Hall of Fame as Bonds, Clemens miss again
• What makes David Ortiz a Hall of Famer? Stories from those who know him best
• Passan: No Bonds in Cooperstown is a Hall of Fame failure
• Hall of Fame voting winners and losers
Doolittle: Minnie Minoso is finally -- finally! -- in the Hall of Fame
• O'Neil, Minoso join four in making baseball's HOF
• How much did PEDs boost the career stats of Bonds and Clemens?
Notable free agents still on the board
Michael Conforto, RF, Mets
Trevor Story, SS, Rockies