Wayne Bennett's Dolphins have added another forward in Parramatta's Ray Stone as they slowly build their list before their debut in the 2023 NRL competition.
The Redcliffe-based club have signed Stone on a two-year deal - after they last month announced their first major recruit in Melbourne's State of Origin second-rower Felise Kaufusi.
The Dolphins have missed out on other representative stars Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and Brandon Smith, raising concerns about their ability to form a competitive 30-man roster.
Hard-hitting 24-year-old Stone made his NRL debut in 2018, since playing 28 matches including two NRL finals appearances for the Eels.
Dolphins' chief executive Terry Reader said former Australian schoolboy representative Stone had been a target for coach Bennett.
"We need to build some depth to the squad we will ultimately enter the competition with, and Ray is just the type of player we are looking for," Reader said in a statement on Tuesday.
"When we sat down to talk about recruitment, Ray Stone was one of the first players that Wayne Bennett spoke about.
"Ray has gained some good NRL experience with the Eels and also covers the hooker position.
"We look forward to him joining the Dolphins when we begin pre-season training in November next year."