Alan Pardew has denied speculation linking Crystal Palace with a move for Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini.
Pardew, who left Newcastle for Palace in January, was reported to be interested in signing Coloccini, 33, as he reshapes the squad ahead of his first season in charge.
- Crystal Palace FC (@CPFC) August 5, 2015
However, the Palace boss said on his club's official website: "Contrary to the rumours and reports circulating in the media, we want to confirm we have no interest in Fabricio Coloccini and although he remains my ex-captain and a great player, he will not be coming to Crystal Palace."
Newcastle boss Steve McClaren had earlier told a BBC Newcastle radio phone-in that he expected Coloccini to remain at the club.
"His choice is Newcastle United and he wants to stay here," McClaren said. "I am absolutely delighted with that."
He confirmed the Argentine defender would remain club captain and added: "Coloccini has always been the captain, for seven years, our most experienced player.
"What's disrupted Colo has been the speculation about Crystal Palace. I have just said, 'Let's work with each other for two or three weeks to see if I like you and you like me and we get on.' We have done despite him not playing.
"We have had long, long talks. With all the talk about Crystal Palace, he's looking after his own future, but from my understanding he wants to be here.
"He's always said that from day one."