Zinedine Zidane has cooled speculation he could replace Rafa Benitez as Real Madrid boss following the 4-0 home defeat to Barcelona at the weekend.
Both Benitez and club president Florentino Perez have come under pressure in the local media after the Clasico, and Marca has reported that only five or six players want the coach to stay.
Real Madrid Castilla coach Zidane -- long touted as a future boss of the senior team -- has been suggested as an obvious replacement for Benitez, but the former France midfielder said he is happy to continue learning his trade with the B team.
"I'm the Castilla coach and Benitez is the first-team coach," Zidane told the media. "Things are in their proper place the way they are at the moment."
Zidane took the job with Castilla, currently in the Spanish third tier, in 2014 despite interest from clubs including Ligue 1 side Bordeaux.
Castilla missed out on promotion in his first season in charge and, asked if he had stayed on with a view to one day becoming first-team boss, he replied: "I stayed because of Castilla.
"Last year I finished up feeling that there was something missing. I am quite stubborn and, when I don't meet an objective, I feel I have to keep on with it.
"I have a long way to go, and anyway a manager is never really fully formed. What I am doing, as I did when I was a player, I am doing bit by bit. I am not in a hurry for anything. My current job is Castilla and I am going to continue with it."
COPE radio programme "Tiempo de Juego" has reported that Benitez retains the unconditional support of the club.
The report said a board meeting will take place on Monday or Tuesday and a news conference will follow in which Benitez will receive the club's full backing.