Monday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending ...
MAN UNITED: Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku will face no action for his alleged kick at Brighton's Gaetan Bong.
- Jose Mourinho has suggested some of his Manchester United players do not work hard enough and offered up Lukaku as an example for them to follow.
- Anthony Martial has said some of his critics forget how young he is but added that he is now ready to "tear it up" for Manchester United.
- Manchester United are reportedly closing in on a deal for Tottenham's Danny Rose. More in Transfer Talk.
- Mark Ogden writes on Eric Cantona's remarkable influence on United following the 25th anniversary of the forward's arrival at OId Trafford.
BARCELONA: Lionel Messi was denied a goal by a lack of goal-line technology in his side's 1-1 La Liga draw at Valencia, prompting a call from his coach and teammates for it to be used in the league.
- Jordi Alba drew praise for his performance against Valencia in Richard Martin's player ratings.
- Manchester City have set a new record for an English top division club by winning their last 11 away games in all competitions.
- Guardiola and Raheem Sterling both scored 8/10 in David Mooney's player ratings.
- Arsene Wenger insists Aaron Ramsey was focused on playing the ball when he earned Arsenal's match-winning penalty at Burnley on Sunday.
Alexis Sanchez converted a stoppage-time penalty as Arsenal snatched all three points in a 1-0 win at Burnley.
- Alex Iwobi scored 5/10 in Andrew Mangan's player ratings as Arsenal struggled in the absence of Mesut Ozil.
- Ozil had to travel back home with an illness just hours before Sunday's game and is set to miss Wednesday's game against Huddersfield as well, Arsene Wenger said.
EVERTON: David Unsworth is refusing to accept claims Everton are in a relegation battle despite seeing the Toffees hammered 4-1 at Southampton on Sunday.
SERIE A: AC Milan have announced the departure of boss Vincenzo Montella after Sunday's 0-0 draw with Torino.
- Roma coach Eusebio Di Francesco has criticised Daniele De Rossi for letting the side down after he gave away a penalty and was sent off in Sunday's 1-1 draw at Genoa.
BUNDESLIGA: Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans Joachim Watzke has backed head coach Peter Bosz despite seeing his side lose a 4-0 lead against local rivals Schalke.
- China have recalled their under-20 team from Germany after a series of matches against regional fourth division sides was postponed until at least 2018.
- Kylian Mbappe rated just 4/10 in Jonathan Johnson's player ratings.
BAYERN MUNICH: Robert Lewandowski hopes to play for a Los Angeles-based club before he retires, his wife has told Business Insider.
- James Rodriguez is recovering from a concussion which left him unaware of the half-time score in Saturday's defeat to Borussia Monchengladbach.
- Ajax will share their experience in nurturing young talent with Guangzhou R&F and help the Chinese club develop its own youth academy.
ENGLAND: Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard have said they believe club rivalries during their international days prevented England from achieving success to match the quality of their squad.